The Good Stuff team is lucky to work with several local organizations to teach cooking classes, auction our farm table for parties, and participate in cooking demonstrations for special events . After several years in business we've decided to concentrate our efforts on the groups below as our main philanthropic focus. We encourage you to get involved to strengthen your community with organizations that are close to your heart.
Good Stuff Gardens
Our efforts to supplement Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative have resulted in the planting of school gardens, cooking demonstrations for young students and endless recipes on how to incorporate healthy, fresh food into the meals that youngsters crave the most.
Children’s Inn at National Institute of Health
The Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health is a residential "place like home" for sick children and their families. Children come from across the country and around the world to stay together with their families in The Inn’s healing environment while receiving groundbreaking medical treatments at the NIH, the world’s leading biomedical research center. While the NIH takes care of the child’s medical needs, The Inn tends to the child’s heart, soul and spirit.
DC Central Kitchen
DC Central Kitchen recovers unused food, prepares and delivers meals to partner social service agencies, trains and employs homeless men and women for the food service industry, and intellectually engages volunteers.
Horton’s Kids is a nonprofit that provides comprehensive services to the children of Washington, D.C.’s Ward 8, improving the quality of their daily lives, and nurturing their desire and ability to succeed.
KIPP is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in under-served communities for success in college and in life.
Below is a list of some of the organizations we’ve been proud to work with in the past. To the many wonderful people we’ve encountered along the way - thank you for allowing us to help!
- Alzheimer’s Association, www.alz.org
- Browne Academy in Alexandria, VA, www.browneacademy.org
- Camp Glyndon at Lions Camp Merrick, www.lionscampmerrick.org
- Common Threads, www.commonthreads.org
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, www.cff.org
- Food & Friends, www.foodandfriends.org
- Foxwoods Food & Wine Festival, www.foxwoodsfoodandwine.com
- Freedom Now, www.freedom-now.org
- Georgetown University Law School, www.law.georgetown.edu
- Montessori School of Manhattan, www.montessorimanhattan.com
- Make a Wish Foundation, www.wish.org
- New York Food & Wine Festival, www.nycwineandfoodfestival.com
- Peace Corps Volunteers of Washington, DC, www.peacecorps.gov
- Pressley Ridge, www.pressleyridge.org
- Prevent Cancer Foundation, www.preventcancer.org
- Share Our Strength’s Taste of The Nation, www.strength.org
- Sidwell Friends School, www.sidwell.edu
- Sister Cities International, www.sister-cities.org
- St. Jude Children's Hospital, www.stjude.org
- Synagogue at 6th & I, www.sixthandi.org
- The Harris School at the Univeristy of Chicago, harrisschool.uchicago.edu
- The James Beard Foundation, www.jamesbeard.org
- The Smithsonian Associates, www.smithsonianassociates.org
- Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, www.woollymammoth.net
- Zenith Gallery, www.zenithgallery.com